Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Back to San Pedro and Dad week

Getting back to San Pedro felt like I was back at home. It was a wonderful feeling.
I've been having a spectacular time with my dad! He will get to meet Maria and Erick on the 2nd of April. We are going to Xocomil with him the day after! It's fun introducing my dad to the people we've met here and our home stay family! 

My dad in a hammock at Hotel Sak'cari in San Pedro la Laguna.



Our home stay family.
From left to right:
Miguel (father), Angela (daughter, 9), Norma (daughter, 16), Anna-Maria (daughter, 18) Maria (mother)


A recommendation from my pops:
Chicken buses painted; white, turquoise, blue, green, red, yellow and orange. large black water barrels, thatched roofs, tin roofs, cement roofs with rebar still protruding 3-7feet out of it.
Bamboo and corn stock fences tide together with rusty wire. A ring of mountains surrounding me, each one engulfed in a layer of small trees. Small tri-wheeled red and yellow tuc-tucs a groaning up steep handmade cobblestone streets. Colorful art painted on the side of buildings built brick by brick at a time. Dresses the color of a beouket of flowers, with the people in them hard at work on artisan and the preporation of cuisine. Black hair, large brim hats and torn jeans.
Wires running across the sky like a spider web draped over the beautiful imperfection that is San Pedro.

1 comment:

Wanona said...

I loved this description. Very good!